Monday, February 14, 2011

Theme Nights Meal Planning


I'm starting with meal planning again.
I had tried before Christmas, and it went well, but when Christmas came, I stopped.
I'm going to start again, but I'm going to do things a little differently this time.
Last time, I would just pick random meals and would asign them to a random day of the week.
This time I am going to try "theme nights". For theme nights, each night of the week will be asigned a specific theme, and I will then figure out a meal to fit into that theme.
This will give me direction when I need it.
Here is what I've decided our themes will be for now:

Monday: Meat and Potatoes
Tuesday: Soup, Stews, Chili
Wednesday: Pasta
Thursday: Slow Cooker
Friday: Pizza Night
Saturday: Breakfast for Dinner
Sunday: Chef's Choice


This week is going to be a little different though, because I already had meals planned for today and tomorrow.
Today, we are having Chicken Korma, an Indian dish served over rice. It is made in the slow cooker. A recipe will be coming soon!
Tomorrow, we are having fajitas. I still have to figure out meals for the rest of the days...



A couple days ago, Thing One accidentally hit Thing Two in the face with a toy. Thing Two started crying.
Thing One jumped up on the couch and held his arms out and said "Give him to me, let me see him."
So I picked Thing Two up and set him in Thing One's lap.
Thing One then started stroking Thing Two's hair and giving him kisses on his cheek, saying, "It's okay, I'm sorry."
It was so sweet, I had to get a picture!



No comments:

Post a Comment