Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Venison Patty Melts


These were pretty good. Pops really liked them! I had made a plain grilled cheese for Thing One and just cut up some of the venison patty for him to eat, and he ate all of it.
I had used a little more meat than the recipe called for and made 6 pretty large burgers.


Ingredients:

1 lb ground beef (I used 1 1/2 lbs. venison)
1 onion soup mix packet1/4 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. pepper
8 slices of bread
8 slices of cheese Cheddar, Provolone, Muenster)
4 Tbsp. soft margarine/butter

                                Directions:

In a medium bowl, add the ground meat, onion soup, salt, and pepper. Mix until combined.
Form into thin patties. Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread.
Heat a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the burgers about 3 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels. Drain the grease from the skillet. 
In the same skillet, place 4 slices of bread, butter side down. Top each with a slice of cheese and a burger. Top with remaining slices of cheese and bread, butter side up.
Cook each sandwich until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Enjoy!
Makes 4 to 6 burgers.







3 comments:

  1. Yum Yum. I did not get my deer yet or I would be cooking this up today. I love to cook and cook most the meals for our household. But these would go over real well for Super Bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We eat deer meat too. Do you have any other recipes for deer meat? I guess I'll have to look through here and check! ;)

    ReplyDelete