Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Picking back up, Priorites, and Food

I wonder if you all have noticed that I just suddenly stopped with the whole "de-cluttering the whole house" thing.
Yeah.
That's usually what happens. I run out of oomph, and just move on to something else. AAHH!!
Luckily, I have been maintaining the two rooms that I DID de-clutter, so I can hopefully start back up where I left off tomorrow.

That would be the living room. It's a more open space, and so I just kind of got lost, and didn't know where to start. I will figure it out though.
I'm not giving up!

There is so much I want to do, and never enough time.
I've decided to make weekly priorities.
I made a chart, and have different labels that have my different priorities. I then add a couple things that I want to do during that week for each label.
Here's an example:

WHAT ARE MY PRIORITIES AS A....
WIFE: Make more lunches for Pops to take to work.
Go for more walks with Pops.

MOTHER: Get out of the house with each kid two times this week. (together or separate)

BUSINESS OWNER: Book 4 parties for the month of March.

HOUSEKEEPER/COOK: Maintain and continue to de-clutter.
Have the whole house de-cluttered by the end of February.
Create and follow a successful meal plan for two weeks.


It's nice to be able to write things down. When you write things, it's like you are also writing it in your brain. You will be more likely to remember it.
A lot of moms/families have a Family Planner.
I don't have a "family planner", but I do have a notebook that I write everything that I want to remember in. Recipes I want to try, my priorities, my meal plans, etc.
This has been helping a lot.
I don't wake up and check it every second of every day, but I do know that it is there for me if I need direction.



For Valentine's day, I had a lot of left over melted Almond Bark.
I looked around the house to see if I could make something out of it, and saw that we had some Rice Krispies cereal.
I then made this:

Krispie Candy
Ingredients:
1/2 package of almond bark
3 cups rice krispie cereal

Directions:
Melt the almond bark in the microwave in 30 second intervals until smooth.
Mix the cereal with the melted almond bark.
Spread thin on a sheet of wax paper.
Enjoy!

I drizzled some melted white chocolate over mine, and sprinkled some red sprinkles on it.
Very yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment