Monday, March 14, 2011

Slow Cooker Chicken and Potatoes


The weekend is over, and the work week has started.
I am waiting for warmer weather! It's going to be in the 50's this weekend. I can't wait!
I want to be able to get outside with the boys.
I want to take Thing One to our park!

I've been going for more walks with the kids, and when they are at daycare I get out with the dogs as well.
I'm able to take one of them at a time if the kids are with me, so we usually do double walks, so each dog gets a turn.

The boys are at daycare today.
We got a new bookcase and a new couch, so this morning while Pops took them to daycare I put the bookshelf and couch together and re-arranged the living room.
I've also got dinner in the slow cooker. We're having Crockpot Pork Chops.
I had lunch and did a little bit of cleaning.

My plans for today are to keep cleaning, and then to head out and do some shopping. Once I'm done shopping I'll swing over and get the boys from daycare.
We'll then come home and have dinner and just hang out until bed time.

The time change has been alright on us so far. The boys went to bed at 8pm last night instead of their usual 7pm. I think I might keep it at 8. With summer coming and the sun staying up longer, it might be better that way.


We had this chicken recipe a couple weeks ago. It was really good! The only thing I didn't like was peeling all the pearl onions, because I was unable to find frozen!






 
Slow Cooker Chicken and Potatoes

Ingredients:
2 lbs bone in chicken
2 teaspoons rosemary
2 teaspoons thyme
1 teaspoon garlic salt
black pepper; to taste
1/2 cup flour
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/4 lb. small redskin potatoes
3/4 cup frozen, thawed pearl onions
1 cup carrots, roughly chopped
3/4 cup chicken broth
8 ounces white mushrooms




Directions:
1. Combine the herbs, garlic salt, and pepper on a dinner plate. Spoon flour onto a second dinner plate. Coat each piece of chicken in the herb mixture; and then in the flour mixture.

2. Heat oil in a large skillet. Add chicken and cook over medium-high heat until chicken is golden brown on both sides (approximately 3-4 minutes per side). Cook chicken in two batches if necessary so as not to crowd the pan.

     3. Place chicken in a large slow cooker and add remaining ingredients. Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.



Enjoy!

This was really yummy! The chicken looked so good while I was browning it, that I just wanted to keep cooking it and eat it like that!


No comments:

Post a Comment