Monday, January 3, 2011

Baby Food: Peas!

Thing Two must be going through a growth spurt. Instead of eating just one cube of baby food like he normally does, he's eating 4-6 cubes!
He's gone through all his food, and so I have to make him more.

Sweet peas are a great first vegetable for young babies. They aren't as bitter as some other veggies can be, and turn out nice and smooth. Here's how I make them.

What you need:
3 cups frozen peas
water as needed

Directions:
Steam the peas. 
I put them in a microwave safe bowl and cover them with water. I then microwave them for 3 minutes.



Use a slotted spoon to scoop the peas out of the bowl and into a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth. Add water as needed to make the peas to a desired consistency. I add the water that the peas were cooked in.



Pour the pea puree into an ice cube tray and then freeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment