Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Venison Tacos


I finally got around to making the venison tacos! They were delicious. Right when they were done cooking, I had to feed Thing Two and put him to bed, so Pops and Thing One were eating without me. It was nice to hear them talking and eating together at the table though.
When I finally made it out to the table I was so hungry that I forgot to take a picture of the finished product, until it was all gone!
I'm sure you all know what tacos look like though!

Taco Recipe


Ingredients:

1 lb. ground meat (I used venison)
1 taco seasoning packet
taco shells
1 onion
lettuce
tomato
shredded cheese


Directions:
Brown the meat in a pan with the onion, chopped.




While the meat is browning, chop your tomato and lettuce.


Shred your cheese, unless you buy the already shredded.


I tried using my grater to see if I could shred lettuce... It didn't work. The lettuce just turned to mush.


Once your meat is brown add the taco seasoning packet and follow the directions on the back.


While the meat simmers toast your shells in the oven at 350 degrees for 5 minutes.



Enjoy!

Pops took this picture of Thing One while I was putting Thing Two down. When I came out to eat, Thing One's plate was empty! He ate everything, even the lettuce!



No comments:

Post a Comment