Monday, November 15, 2010

Slow Cooker Applesauce

        This applesauce is suppose to be part of a big dinner tonight, but it was done early and I just HAD to have some, and it was delicious!!

      It's really easy to make, too.

Slow Cooker Applesauce

Ingredients:
8 apples; peeled and thinly sliced
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup brown sugar (optional)
1/2 tsp. cinnamon (optional)




Vanilla ice cream and Hot Applesauce.


Directions

  1. Combine the apples and water in a slow cooker; cook on Low for 3-4 hours. Stir in the brown sugar and cinnamon; continue cooking another 30 minutes. 

       You don't need to add the sugar or cinnamon if you want this to be as pure as possible. I usually only add cinnamon for everyday use, but one of my favorite ways to eat homemade applesauce is straight out of the slow cooker, hot, on cold vanilla ice cream! Then I will add the brown sugar and it makes it that much more special.
       I used McIntosh apples for this applesauce, but another one of my favorites is Jonagold.
       Also, if you want your applesauce to be thick, don't add the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment