Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Shepherd's Pie and Dining Room: BEFORE


The best thing about having a clean kitchen was making dinner with Thing One.

We made Shepherd's Pie, and it was delicious!
It was my first time making it, and I'll definitely make it again.


Ingredients:

1 lb ground beef
1 can green beans
2-3 carrots chopped
3- 4 big potatoes, boiled and mashed
1 stick butter, plus 2 Tablespoons
2 Tablespoons flour
1/2 - 1 cup beef broth
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper

Directions:
1. Chop your potatoes and carrots.
I used 7 small redskin potatoes. Use more carrots if you had a little boy eating them all, like I did!




2. Start boiling your potatoes.
3. Brown your ground beef.





5. Drain the ground beef. Add the carrots and 2 tablespoons butter.


6. Sprinkle the 2 tablespoons of flour over the beef mixture, and toss it to coat the vegetables.




7. Stir in your beef broth and Worcetershire sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.


8. Spread mixture into the bottom of a casserole dish.
I had tried using a smaller dish, but it was too small. That is why there are some beans in this picture.



9. Drain the can of beans, and spread over the top of the beef mixture.



10. Drain the potatoes and whip them with the rest of the butter.
11. Spread the potatoes over the top of the beans.



12. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Enjoy!


We ate this with a side salad.





Pops helped me clean up after dinner last night.
Today, my goals are to maintain the kitchen, and to branch out to the dining room.
I would like to get the entire dining room done today.
Then, tomorrow will be maintenance on the kitchen and dining room, and cleaning the living room. I will continue on like that until the whole house is clean.

These pictures were taken yesterday, at the same time I took the pictures of the kitchen.





No comments:

Post a Comment