Monday, February 21, 2011

Pea and Cheese Quesadillas

I've finally gotten around to making some good toddler recipes!

This is a great one to start with.
Super easy to make, and super easy to eat!
I usually make one quesadilla for Thing One, and one for myself!

Ingredients:
  • 1/3 cup of shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
  • 1 large Tbs (or 1 defrosted cube) of pea puree
  • 2 tortillas, I usually use whole grain
  • non-stick cooking spray

                                         Directions:

1. Mix your cheese and pea puree.
2. Spread cheese mixture evenly onto one of the tortillas. Place the other tortilla on top.
3. Spray a pan with non-stick cooking spray, and put your quesadilla in. Cook on medium heat.

4. When the bottom of the quesadilla is brown and crisp (1-2 minutes), flip it, and cook the other side. Enjoy!






       These are soo yummy! I usually use a mexican blend of cheeses, with a little spice. You can't even taste peas in this, it just makes the cheese seem creamier.
       Thing Two loves them as well.

        Too bad the peas make the mixture inside green, or else I would serve these to Pops, and he would never even know!

No comments:

Post a Comment