Monday, December 20, 2010

Universal Muffins

I love making muffins.  I can make them as healthy as I want, and Thing One loves them! They were definitely a must have when I was pregnant with Thing Two.
I would make a big batch of muffins and would freeze them all, two in a sandwich bag. That way whenever I would go out, I could just grab a bag out of the freezer, and by the time I would get hungry, they would be thawed.


Ingredients
1 cup flour (I use whole wheat)
3 T canola oil
1/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon baking
 soda
1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup mashed or grated fruit or veggie
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)


Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In bowl, combine eggs, oil, sugar and mashed fruit or veggie. Whisk. Mix well.
3. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon. Mix until it forms into batter. Add nuts if you like.
4. Pour into muffin cups.
5. Mini muffins: Bake 8-10 minutes. Regular muffins: Bake 15-2o minutes. Tops will turn golden. 6. Cool on cooling rack and enjoy!




        You can use any kind of fruit or vegetable that you want. Either grate it or mash it. Examples: banana, zucchini, squash, strawberry, blueberry, carrot, etc.
        I usually double this recipe, and use one fruit and one vegetable. Banana zucchini muffins!

       I had a can of cranberry sauce left over from Thanksgiving, so I made Cranberry Muffins!

No comments:

Post a Comment