Friday, December 3, 2010

Smoked Sausage Chowder

I've been on the hunt for recipes that Thing One will like. He usually just wants to drink milk all day, and eat nothing. If you make him eat something he doesn't like (which is almost everything) he will throw up.
When I saw this recipe it immediately caught my eye. Hot dogs is one thing that Thing One will eat without fail! I made it with smoked sausage like the recipe called for, but just called them hot dogs. ;)

I made a few changes but you can find the original recipe here. 


Ingredients:
  • 1 onion
  • 4-6 potatoes (more or less depending on how far you want this meal to stretch)
  • 2 cans cream corn corn
  • 1 package or 6-8 smoked sausage
  • 2 cups milk
Slice sausage into rounds and chop onion. Saute together in large skillet until onions are tender. Cube potatoes and add to skillet along with the cans of corn and milk, and simmer 10-15 minutes until potatoes become soft.
Enjoy!


      Unfortunately I let this sit on too high of a heat, and the bottom burned. Pops said the only thing he could taste was char. :( I thought it was still really good, and Thing One ate some of it. I'm sure if/when I make it again, and I don't burn it, then everyone will like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment