- 6 slices bacon
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cups frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1-2 cups veggies (your choice)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 7x11 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs and milk. Stir in the bacon, hash browns, green onions, veggies, and 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven 25 to 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle the remaining Cheddar cheese on top, and continue baking for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Remove from oven, and let sit 5 minutes before serving.
Another variation to this recipe is to fry the hashbrowns in a skillet with butter, salt, and pepper. Then press the cooked hashbrowns into the bottom of your prepared dish. Then pour your egg mixture over the hashbrowns. It makes a yummy crust on the bottom.
You can also put pretty much anything you want in this; sausage, broccoli, spinach, deli ham, etc.
I am planning on making this again soon but doing a double batch to see how it freezes.